Venezia città magica e misteriosa, città della cultura e dell'arte.
Located in the Cà d’Oro, the most beautiful Gothic palace on the Grand Canal, the Giorgio Franchetti Gallery displays sculptures, bronzes, ceramics, furniture and paintings from the Tuscan, Flemish and Venetian schools.
Many works are Mantegna’s, Giorgione’s, and Tiziano’s and come from the Fondaco dei Tedeschi.
The museum is located in the ancient Gothic palace that goes by the same name, in campo San Beneto, previously owned by the Pesaro family, later purchased by Mariano Fortuny.
Fortuny had it in mind to make it his atelier for photographs, scenography and scenotechnique, the creation of fabbric and painting: of all these functions the building only conserved rooms and structures, upholstery and collections.
The Archaeological Museum in St Mark’s Square hosts an important collection of Greek and Roman sculptures, ceramics, coins and stones. It also preserves the archaeological collection of Museo Correr, which covers Egyptian and Assyro-Babylonian antiquities.
Founded in 1919 after 1st World War, the Historical Naval museum of Venice is located in Campo St Biagio, close to the Ancient Arsenal of Venice, in a building that used to be the city’s granary and is still, nowadays, under the Italian Military’s jurisdiction.
The museum is the most important one of its type in Italy.
The Natural History museum is located on the Grand Canal, on the so called Fontego dei Turchi. It is one of the most famous civic buildings in Venice. It contains a great number of naturalistic and ethnographical collections, a centre for studies on the lagoon and a rich library.
Palace Mocenigo, at San Stae, is a stunning example of architecture in Venice at the beginning of the XVII century, and it holds precious decorations and paintings from the 1700s.
It constitutes the lodgings of the Study Centre of Fabrics and Costumes and a Museum of the same name.
Located in Campo St Samuele in Venice, the Grassi Palace is one of the most famous Venetian residences. Its construction started in 1745 and probably finished in 1772.
This is the home and museum of an ancient aristocratic Venetian family, the Querini. It holds more than 400 paintings of Venetian, Italian and foreign schools. This house, located in Campo Santa Maria Formosa, next to the church of the same name, is witness to the Venetian style of life of the XVIII century.
The monumental complex of the Accademia Galleries is set in the famous Scuola Grande di Santa Maria della Carità, one of the most ancient lay confraternities in the city. The others church of St Mary and the monastery of the Lateran Canons, built by Andrea Palladio. The exhibition of paintings is set within the Accademia Galleries and constitutes the most important collection of Venetian paintings from the IV Byzantine and Gothic centuries to Renaissance artists and 1700s landscape painters.