Little Museum of the Southern Lagoon
This museum was founded thanks to the Municipality of Lido and Pellestrina and the local residents’ association. The aim is to preserve objects and instruments tied to the history and traditions of the lagoon.
With enthusiastic backing from the administration as well as residents, the museum hopes to create a sense of belonging, identity to a vital and living community.
There are two areas open to the public for now:
- The History of the Murazzi: the island, the defences from the sea;
- 4 November 1966, the great fearla grande paura.
In the future there will be other sections to the museum:
- Saving the area, well known and lesser known interventions
- Fishing in the sea and the lagoon
- Boat building from the ‘san pierote’ to ships
- Lace and its memories
- Dialect – words and voices
- Sounds, perfumes and colours from once upon a time to today
The exhibition can be found in San Pietro in Volta at the Ex Scuola elementare Carlo Goldoni and is open every Saturday and Sunday from 10.00 alle 12.00 (bookings taken for other opening times on 333-6143976).
Address: Strada della Laguna 160/g - 30100 San Pietro in Volta
Telephone: +39 041 5279472
Hours:Every Saturday and Sunday from 10.00 to 12.00. Visit by appointment by calling 333-6143976