Ancient Battuti corporation (Scoletta dei Battuti)
The ancient corporation of the Battuti, located behind St Lorenzo’s Cathedral, is the only corporation (or school, as they were called in Venice) in Mestre and was established in 1302 by the confraternity of St Mary of the Battuti.
Towards the middle of the century the confraternity moved to a new building near St Lorenzo.
The corporation lived an eventful life: it was saved from the fire of 1513 by the imperial guards and, after its suppression at the beginning of the XIX century, it plunged into a state of neglect till it was restored in 1959.
Nowadays it is house belonging to the cultural institute, Laurentianum.
Cultural Institute Laurentianum
Address: Piazza Ferretto, 121
Tel - Fax: 041.970723
Sito web: www.duomodimestre.it/laurentianum