Palazzo Cini Gallery at San Vio

Museo Palazzo CiniThe amazing Cini Palace, that faces the Grand Canal on one side and rio St Vio on the other, is located halfway between the Accademia and the Guggenheim foundation.  Many important art collections are preserved in this 1500s palace, once residence to Count Vittorio Cini.  In 1984, his daughter Yana (Venice 1294- Rome 1989) donated it to the Giorgio Cini Foundation, together with the part of the palace that contains them.

The Giorgio Cini collection is located in the rooms on the noble floor, furnished in such a way as to render the original character of the place and the count’s taste. 
It includes paintings of the XIII-XVI centuries and of the Tuscan School, amongst which Giunta Pisano (processional cross), Taddeo Gaddi (S. Giovanni Evangelista Welcomed in Heaven), Bernardo Daddi (Crucifixion), Lorenzo di Niccolò, Filippo Lippi (Our Lady and Child, saints, angels and a fidel), Piero della Francesca (Our Lady and Child), Sandro Botticelli (Paride’s Judgement).

Next to the paintings are some remarkable objects like ceramics and porcelains – also a complete dining service made up of 275 pieces from the 1700s venetian manufacturer Cozzi – caskets, ivory foil strips, polishes, goldsmiths’ works, Murano lamps, sculptures in clay and important furniture (cupboards, benches and libraries), with a rare nuptial casket from Siena and a Neapolitan stretcher. 
The second floor displays temporary exhitions and of late has displayed a few exhibitions on works belonging to the Cini Foundation.

Useful Information


Address:
Dorsoduro (San Vio) 864 - 30123 Venezia
Times: Tuesday to Sunday 10.00 a.m. -6p.m.
Closed July-August, December-March
Services: easy access, museum publications, guided tours
Telephone: 0415210755-0412710211
Fax: 0415238540
E-mail: fondacini@cini.it
Site: www.cini.it

Back
Share/Save/Bookmark

Your vacation starts here

Call Center

+39 041 5222264
Everyday from 8. a.m. to 11 p.m.
 
Call now!

Welcome Desk

5 Welcome Desks in the strategic points of arrival in Venice!
 

Where we are