Heineken Jammin Festival location at Parco San Giuliano

Mar-27-2008

Heineken Jammin Festival location at Parco San GiulianoThe Heineken Jammin' Festival, from Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd June, 2008 will be back, as always, at the Parco San Giuliano. The Mestre park overlooks Venice’s lagoon – a perfect backdrop for three days of good rock entertainment.

The park is the largest in Europe, covering move than 700 hectares and came about thanks to the European Community.  It was inaugurated in 2003 and can be found at the gateway to Mestre. 
The festival will take up 130,000 mq, the part closest to the bridge that connects the mainland to the Venice.
The festival, the largest rock gathering in Italy, is promoted by Heineken Italia and organised by Milano Concerti.  They chose to reconfirm the festival’s place here near the lagoon city.  It will be a long weekend full of high level bands, new young bands and lots of fun for the public.
After last year’s, (the 10th edition) sudden interruption of the festival due to a freak storm which caused 18 injuries, Venice’s mayor Massimo Cacciari has inisisted on good communication and forged good relations between the city and the promoters. This contributed to their decision to return to the site again this year.
 
"I am convinced that this year,” the mayor said, “will be perfectly organised as was last year’s. despite the unlucky circumstances brought about by the weather.  The participation by the city and its councillors is unanimous because everyone wants the Heineken Jammin’ Festival to be recognised as something belonging to Venice as a city.”

For those who continue to criticise the choice and safety of Parco San Giuliano in Mestre as a location for the festival, organizer Roberto De Luca, claims:  "The phenomenon last year was absolutely impossibile to predict by any meteorological office. The legal bodies responsible for the research and valuation of the incident also underlined the unpredictability of the storm.”

Mr De Luca also stated that this June:  "nothing will change in the security measures that we already have and had in 2007.  Nothing can stop a wind of 150 kms an hour. The only thing different will be the reduction in the number of people, 80,000, allowed to enter each day. But this has nothing to do with security measures.”
 The President of the Municipality for Mestre-Carpenedo, Massimo Venturini adds that, from the experience gained in last year’s festival, there will be an enlargement of the services inside and around the park.  Public service bodies are working to guarantee 25,000 parking places in council and private facilities within a 2km radius of the park.
There will be the collaboration with Trenitalia to coordinate train arrivals and about 2000 – 2500 extra tent sites will be set up in camp sites organised by the city council of Forte Marghera and Forte Bazzera.  This number will be added to the 1500 already available in camp sites around Parco San Giuliano.
"Added to that ,” said the president of the Municipality, “there will be information points for directions, traffic concerns and information on the festival at main points along the way from the railway station to the park.  These information points will be manned by volunteer associations.  This confirms that residents themselves want to make this festival work.”

Back
Share/Save/Bookmark

Your vacation starts here

Call Center

+39 041 5222264
Everyday from 8. a.m. to 11 p.m.
 
Call now!

Welcome Desk

5 Welcome Desks in the strategic points of arrival in Venice!
 

Where we are