The night program of the Venice International Film Festival
For its 66th edition, the Venice International Film Festival proposes a rich calendar of night events inside the festival area but also in other parts of Venice Lido. A rich program to enjoy the Venetian island during the ten days of the festival.
Cinema lovers will appreciate the introduction of midnight screening in Sala Grande (tickets can be bought at www.labiennale.org ):
- Wednesday 2 September, 10.30 pm: [REC] 2 (Spagna, 85’) di Jaume Balaguero/Paco Plaza
- Thursday 3 September,10.00 pm: The Road (Usa, 120’) di John Hillcoat
- Friday 4 September, 12.30 am: Valhalla Rising (Danimarca, 90’)diNicolas Winding Refn
- Saturday 5 September, 12.00 am: Tetsuo the Bullet Man (Giappone, 79’)di Shinya Tsukamoto
- Sunday 6 September, 10.00 pm: Capitalism: A Love Story (Usa, 120’) di Michael Moore
- Monday 7 September,12.00 am: DEV.D (India, 144’) di Anurag Kashyap
- Tuesday 8 September, 12.00am: Brooklyn’s Finest (Usa, 140’) di Antoine Fuqua
- Wednesday 9 September, 12.00am: Delhi-6 (India, 110’) di Mehra Rakeysh Omprakash
- Thursday 10 September, 12.00am: Gulaal (India, 140’)diAnurag Kashyap
- Friday 11 September, 10.30: The Hole (Usa, 98’) di Joe Dante
- Saturday 12 September, 11.00: Rambo (Director’s Cut) (Usa, ’99) di Sylvester Stallone
In addition, catering service will be active until 2am in the four points inside the festival area: restaurant “Piazza del Gusto” at the Movie Village for the public, two stands near Sala Darsena “Sapori Italiani” and “Pizzeria Italiana” and, for the accredited guests, the “Ristorante italiano” at the first floor of the Casinò (unitl 12 am).
Moreover, also this year the terrace opposite to Casinò will host meetings, presentations, interviews and social events at the Quintessentially - WinWin Azimut Terrace: an exclusive place where you could meet stars and celebrities. Inside, the SPA with BENé Relax Experience , a comfort zone near the red carpet.
And what about outside the Festival area? Thanks to the project “Lido in Mostra” cinema lovers will enjoy some facilities: discounts in many shops of the island, discounted hotel accomodation, discounted private beach entry, restaurants opened until 4, and additional services on transport lines.
In few words, there are all the conditions to spend these last summer nights waiting for the dawn in this beautiful island.
di Maria Giulia Palazzo | Redazione VeneziaSi