Church of the Gesuati (Santa Maria del Rosario)
This scenographic church looks out over the wide Giudecca Canal from the waterfront called ‘the Zattere’. It dates from the 1700s and was designed by Giorgio Massari. Inside can be found works by Tiepolo, rococo sculpture and a splendid altar piece by Piazzetta.The church is the largest example of 18th century religious buildings in Venice. It was built between1726 and 1735 for the Dominican order to substitute the smaller church, too small for the large number of faithful, and which can still be seen beside it.
The three formed façade with columns is Palladian in style.
Entrance: € 3
Adress: Fondamenta delle Zattere ai Gesuati, 917
Dorsoduro 30123 - Venice
Phone: 0415230625 - 041-2750462