Church of St Giacomo in Rialto or Giacometto
Because of its small dimensions this church is called St Giacometto, a diminutive form of St Giacomo. It stands in the Rialto market with its sundial clock face on the main facade, the bell tower in a flaring sail shape and the only remaining Gothic portico in the city, supported by beautiful columns.
Its establishment is probably linked with the growth of the Rialto market in 1097. An inscription on an exterior apse wall recommends that merchants be honest and fair in their business dealings.
The interior is rectangular and in the form of a cross with a central dome which became a model for architecture in the 1400s and 1500s..
Address: Campo San Giacomo di Rialto, 1
San Polo 30125 - Venezia
Boat line Actv: boat stop Rialto o S.Silvestro